

I went today to Cumbemayo for the 5th time with Fred and Vera, the other two volunteers living here at Incawasi. It was really exactly the perfect thing to do today, we went to the top of the hill Santa Apolonia with the plan to catch a combi, a mini bus, but they had all left already, so we got a taxi to take us up for 25 soles (about 8 dollars), ist about a 25 minute drive straight uphill on dirt road, and when you get up there the air is really thin and any kind of incline makes you pant. We walked back down through the countryside, passing donkeys and campesinos, it was much easier than the last time I went down during the rainy season and we were caked in mud halfway up our shins.
I would say the honeymoon period of my arrival, portrayed in my last post, is over but I am glad I am here. I love how everything here is quite different from home, but in a lot of ways so familiar from my last visit, it is strange to have a home on the other side of the world that can be left so easily.
One of the volunteers who was part of my family here last time was here when I arrived, Francisca from portugal, and it was great to see her again, and unfortunately she has returned home to Portugal already, seeing as she has one of those annoying things called jobs that get in the way of vacation...but it was a good transition from my old experience to this one. Things have been a bit hectic here in the last few weeks, and hopefully the dust is starting to settle.
Also of note, no sickness so far, yay!!! That is all, tomorrow it is my turn to get up early to boil the water and prepare the kids breakfasts, so off I go!
I just tried to add picturs but either the computer or I is dumb, so it doesnt work. ill try again later
Boiling water! Can you say what a campesino is?
ReplyDelete