It's a dangerous business, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to
Sunday, October 7, 2012
Exciting Sunday
I wouldn't be writing again so soon but several great things happened today, so I feel inclined to share.
A. I finally was on the internet the same time as Kara! We got to skype for the first time, which was very exciting.
B. I moved into my new apartment! Address soon to come I promise, so you all can begin to send the letters and presents you've been stockpiling while I found a permanent residence.
c. I went hiking today! I unfortunately forgot my camera, so naturally that means I shall have to go back so I can share the experience visually. It was to a place that was semi Zionesque, in it's tall stacked rocks that we had to scramble over. The trail went up a dried river/stream bed, and passed under a number of loud bees nests. They gave me flashbacks of my nasty experience at Lake Chelan all those years ago. For all of you who don't know that story-I was exploring the woods around our family campsite with my brothers and co. when we happened across an underground bees nest. And when I say happened upon I mean walked into and stirred up. I was swarmed and got about 17 stings, with bees in my clothes as I went screaming like a banshee back to camp to strip off all of my clothes. I still remember being horrified as I plucked a bee out of my armpit.
Anyways, today there were no incidents, they let us go by without any show of curiosity at all. At the top there are a number of windmills, which made me feel like Don Quixote and I felt like I should have been on a horse with a lance. We wandered back down and went to the main attraction, which was the roman baths! Milky white stanky water from some underground source, covered with an arching brick roof. The water was cold, refreshing after the hike in 80 degree weather. There was a stream that drained out of it, and it joined with a sulfuric river near it, where people smeared themselves with mud before washing it off in the river, a sort of rural spa experience. A very stinky rural spa experience. I took a shower and I can still smell it a bit...a special treat for my classes tomorrow.
Anyways, that is all the news for the day, I am going to go back to my new home now! Woopee!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Better stinky than stung right? Sounds exciting. You know we want an entry about your new home as well!! Love, Mom
ReplyDelete