Two exciting things to report,
1. We have internet in casa!! I am sitting at my dining room table as I write this
This week is only three days long because of the celebration of All Saints day on the 1st and 2nd of November. My roommate Hilaire and I are going to Madrid, visiting friends of mine that I worked with in Peru.
2. This weekend I went hiking with my couch surfing friends, Gina, Marjo and Jackie. We went to El Pincacho, outside of Alcala de los Gazules about 45 minutes NW of La Linea. There were cork trees and purple heather everywhere. As ever it was refreshing to get out of the city!
There is apparently a ratio based on the tree's circumference and height, and they are a surprisingly dark shade of red underneath the cork. According to the natural sciences teacher Jose, that park has one of the largest cork tree forests in the world. Who knew?
I am about to skype with mom!!


Who knew about a cork forest??
ReplyDelete